Holiday rental licence Andalucía

Andalucía is one of the most popular communities in Spain. Many people travel from all around the globe and they decide to buy properties to have a place to stay in. Our Spanish firm is aimed at those who want to move to Andalucía to live a better life, and we have many services to provide and get a Holiday rental licence Andalucía.

For anyone who needs it, we offer a holiday rental licence in Andalucía. This is required to rent urban properties on a commercial basis for less than 2 months. The registration process is simple and is completely free.

Requirements for the holiday rental licence in Andalucía

You need to know that the holiday rental licence is not the end of the process. If you want to rent out legally your property in andalucía you need to consider the following aspects:

    • Rental licence: This is the most important aspect of the process. You need your rental licence to be able to rent short term your property.
    • Taxes: Following, you have the tax over your rental income. In Spain, fiscal residents need to pay once a year and Spanish Non-residents rental income tax spain and you must submit your rental incomes every quarter.
    • Guardia civil: Every booking has to be reported online to the Guardia Civil within the first 24 hours.
  • Extra costs:
  • Rental commission.
  • Cleaning costs.
  • Devaluation furniture.
  • Water and electricity use.
  • Maintenance
    • Must of these expenses be deducted from your quarter or annual declaration.

Holiday rental licence Andalucia

Types of rental licenses in Andalucía

There are 3 types of holiday rental licenses.

1. Rental Licence RTA

This rental licence applies to urban properties. It is checked by the Registro de Turismo and they make sure all properties fulfil the minimal requirements. The checklist includes other points:

  • Tourist data
  • Emergency phone numbers
  •  Manuals for electrical equipment
  • Fire extinguisher
  •  Owner’s regulation community
  • Fully furnished

The RTA performs sample examinations on a regular basis and this type of licence is not for business purposes. This means you cannot afford extra services such as breakfast.

One thing you need to know about the holiday rental licence in Andalucía is that in order to register your house you need a Licence of First Occupation or( LPO Licencia de Primera Ocupación), otherwise, you won’t receive a registration code. However, there are properties that don’t have this licence, but there are others that need to present it. Contact us to be sure of the requirements for your property.

There are up to 4 other options in case you need to rent out of your place:

  • Copy LPO: Lawyers can try to obtain a copy of an old LPO at Town Hall with a standard letter. The process can take more than 11 months.
  • New: If the copy is not approved, then you can ask for a new one. The negative side of the situation is that it includes extra taxes.
  • Accept the risk of fine: Lastly, if you don’t present the documents, there is a risk of a potential fine. (We don’t present the licence application if you want to take the risk, our company will not recommend you that)

2. Rental Licence Vivienda Rural Andalucía

The second kind of holiday rental licence Andalucía is the VTAR or Rental License Vivienda Rural. It applies to houses in the countryside or in small towns with a population of fewer than 20.000 habitants. This licence has major differences to the ordinary rental licence.

  • The licence of First Occupation LPO: The legal status of the properties that are located in the countryside don’t include inspection. 
  • A limit of 3 months: You can only rent out a maximum of 90 days per year. This could change in the future but for now, it remains the same.
  • Sign: You are obligated to have a standard entrance sign that says Vivienda Rural along with your registration number as well as the official title of the property.

Just like the rental license, you can’t offer other services like breakfasts.

3. Opening License for Businesses

Lastly, there is the Opening License for a business. If you have plans of receiving more than 10 guests with extra services in the countryside for more than 2 months, then you need to apply for this type of license at Town Hall. It’s more expensive than the previous two and it comes with tax consequences.

Keep in mind that there is no guarantee before completing the purchase.

How to register a holiday rental in Andalucía?

Here in Advisors Costa Blanca we care about anyone who would like to apply for a holiday rental license in Andalucía, and we want to make sure you comprehend the process to the fullest.

First you must have an electronic signature, and if you don’t, we can do it online. You must visit this website to complete the registration, and what you need to complete is called “Declaración responsable para el acceso de la actividad”.

After you are done, print the application form and submit it to the Tourism Office in your locality.

Holiday rental licence Andalucia

Types of properties that you can register

All properties located on Andalucía that are built on residential land are allowed. Follow our next advices:

  • If the property you are trying to offer is located in a natural area, you have to register as a Vivienda o alojamiento rural.
  • On the other hand, if the property is situated on the coast, then you need to apply to Vivienda con Fines Turísticos.

As with all legal processes, new legislation can come to the surface, and it is uncertain if the process of applying for a rental license is going to change, but as long as it remains the same, you can start applying for your own license.